Pavlova was made in honor of the Russian prime ballerina Anna Pavlova. The cake came for the first time on the dessert card after Anna Pavlova had toured in New Zealand and Australia in 1926. Both countries rely on copyright and they still do not agree.
A delicious meringue cake with a delicious crisp crust hiding a delicious, soft interior. want to dance with joy.
When whipping egg whites it is important that both the bowl and the whisk are completely clean. The egg whites must also not have leftovers of egg yolk, which can make it difficult to get egg whites stiff.
Pavlova can be toppled with creams, ice and cut fruit or berries as desired.
If you add 1 tablespoons of cocoa and 50 g of finely chopped dark chocolate in the marlin, you will get chocolate pavlova.
- 6 egg whites, room tempered
- 350 g sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- seeds from 1 vanilla pod
- 2 dl cream
- ½ – 1 kilo of fresh berries like strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and rips.
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C. Use a cooking machine and whip the egg whites at medium speed, along with some of the sugar, into a soft, foamy meringue. Mix the corn together with the rest of the sugar and add the sugar to the marlin after a while. Increase the speed when all the sugar is added and whip together into a thick, smooth and stiff meringue. Add vinegar and whisk for 10 seconds. Form a large, round marinated cake (about 24 cm in diameter) on a frying pan covered with baking paper or silicone mat.
- Put the marcel into the oven and lower the temperature to 140˚C. Cook the marlin for about 1 hour. It should be crisp on the outside and soft as cream on the inside. Turn the oven off, set the oven door open and cool the pavlova to room temperature inside the oven.
- Beat egg yolks, sugar and vanilla seed into egg dose. Turn in whipped cream. Gently put the cake on a dish and cover the top with cream and plenty of berries. Enjoyed immediately.
This recipe is taken from the book Splatter of Lise Finckenhagen published on Font publishing